Friday, August 22, 2008

New MELD Score

After the roller coaster of emotions that we had to start the week, every one is doing fine now. Mom has really done well this week. She is feeling the stress of everything, but is doing really well.

We received her latest MELD score (refer to the first post of this blog) and her score is 23. That is high. In fact it now has us at a true crossroad that we are asking for your prayers over.

With that score, Mom is waiting for Memphis to call her and tell her that she needs to come to Memphis to wait on a liver and kidney in that it could be within the next month. At the same time, Hopkins is telling her that it should be within the next month also. So, do we stay here at Hopkins and hope that a liver comes in the next few weeks, or do we head to Memphis and hope that a liver is available there soon. We truly need prayer for God's direction and peace.

I want to thank all of you who have posted your comments on here. It has been a true blessing to mom. If you are having trouble posting your comment, make sure you click the WORD comments under this post. Some people have clicked the icon that looks like an envelope and that is something different.

Hope this helps. God bless.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

For wisdom will enter your heart, and knowledge will be pleasant to your soul. Proverbs 2:10
The Iampieri family is praying for the Livingston family

Anonymous said...

Rheba and the entire family are in our prayers everyday. If there is ANYTHING we can do, please call us.
May the Lord be with you.

Love, Bonnie & Pat

Unknown said...

Rheba,David and family- Thanks for creating this great blog to keep us all informed of your progress. I for one really appreciate it. Please know that we're continuing to pray for you. I Love you so much! Susan p.s. the photos are great!

Picket said...

Hello my friend...I found you by way of a dear friend to both of us..Jackie M. I cannot imagine what you are feeling or going thru...but I do know there is a God in heaven that will show Himself strong for you...I Pray that God breath on you my friend..from the crown of your head to the soles of your feet...every cell and fiber of your being feel his glorious healing power...You will know beyond a shadow of a doubt which door to choose and I pray that you come thru all this with such speed of recovery that it amazes the doctors..God bless you my friend... I will be praying for you and your family...when having done all...stand...just stand my friend.