Friday, August 8, 2008

Meeting with Kidney Doctor

Mom met with the Kidney Doctor at Johns Hopkins yesterday and things went well. She told mom that the kidneys alone are not at the point where she would need a transplant, but combined with the Liver, she is recommending the kidney transplant also. The transplant team will meet next Wednesday and should (I emphasize should) be placing mom on the Kidney transplant list also.

Some really good news also. The kidney doctor says that Mom is actually high on the transplant list at Hopkins. In fact, some of the liver doctors had been talking to her about Mom and they knew that Mom was coming to meet yesterday with Mom. Next week, mom is to have her bloodwork done again where they get her MELD score again. It takes about one week to get the results. The doctor yesterday believes that it will be just a matter of days after that, when Mom will get the call to get her transplant. We are having reserved optimism, but praise the Lord for this wonderful news. Please be praying for Mom and the family over these next few weeks that God's perfect Will will be accomplished.

Also, please be in prayer for mom mentally. With her already going through two transplant surgeries, she knows the tough battle that is ahead. She is scared and frightened. It did not help that last night on the TV show Hopkins, they showed a man who got a liver transplant and four weeks later died of a blod clot. I know Mom saw the show and I know she worries about that. We know that she is in the Lord's hands, but I do ask for continued prayer that she will have peace about this whole process.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rheba: We are praying for you and for God's perfect peace to surround your heart and mind as you focus on Him.
Wendy & Jeff, Peggy & Bob

j. musselman said...

Good Afternoon Sweet Rheba!!! This is VERY encouraging news. I had no doubt that you'd come back to us with a good report. In fact, early this morning, I had a dream that you were getting ready to leave for your surgery. In the dream, you were at home, but it didn't look like your home and Lisa was there but it didn't look like her. Dreams are so convoluted, but nevertheless, you were getting ready to head out for the next phase of your recovery. I woke up feeling very good about that. I know how disquieting the weeks ahead are to you, your family, and to all your friends who are your extended family. Please know that the Lord God is holding you right in the center of the palm of His hand and we are all holding you in our hearts. Love you lots!!! Jackie

j. musselman said...

Hello there and how are you feeling today Miss Rheba? It's another glorious day out, and today I'm asking God to ease the concern on your mind, the nagging at your spirit and the discomfort in your body. I pray that you are able to enjoy this day with your family and that with each passing day, the resolution to ALL of your health issues and concerns draws nearer and nearer. There are SO many people who love you sweetie!! Please stay as strong as you possibly can. Jackie

Anonymous said...

just checking in on you. Won't be long now! Continuing to lift you and Dave and Michael, Laura, Lisa, Olivia, Matthew, Shellia, your Mom and Dad in prayer. Love You!!!
Trudi

Anonymous said...

Rheba and Dave, I am reminded of a description of faith that I like. If you have ever got into a hammock you know that you can't usually sit on the side of it for long. You have to get completely in and lay relaxed in the center of it to really enjoy it. Faith is like that. We have to commit ourselves completely, lay back and relax. Worry and fear will keep your feet on the ground and your butt up in the air and if you aren't careful that hammock will dump you on the ground. But get in, trust the hammock of Jesus' great love that whatever future He has in store for you is the very best one. Jesus comfort and heal my friends who I love so much. Deb Segla

j. musselman said...

Good Sunday evening to YOU!!! I hope that this cool, crisp, cricket-infested night is finding you well. :) Those little buggers are really going at it tonight!! I have a sneaking suspicion that fall may be here a bit early this year, and in late November, when the last leaf on the tree at the very top of the tallest mountain is falling, you'll be able to climb that mountain and catch it!! I'll order you up a pair of the finest hiking boots!!! What size do you take? :) I love ya'!!! Goodnight!!

j. musselman said...

Rise-n-Shine Sister! It's almost noon! And a good Monday morning to YOU!! We've got a new week started and I pray that this is the week you get The Phone Call. Ya' know what? Yesterday, I found myself praying for your organ donor and for that family. I know that call is right around the corner. You just need to hang in there and keep that cell charged up!!! I love you!!!!

j. musselman said...

Gooood MornING!! It feels like another early fall day out there today! I'm really pushin' it, aren't I? :) It's just that I feel like a new woman in the fall and you'll soon feel that way too sweetie! Love you bunches!!!

j. musselman said...

Top o' the mornin' to ya' Mrs. Livingston!! How are you feeling today honey? So, today is the day the transplant team meets, huh? We will be in prayer today that the Lord orchestrates that meeting and we'll be anxious to hear the outcome. There come some times in our lives when we're just too tired and feel too defeated to pray for ourselves. That's precisely when the people who love us take over and kick it into high gear, and this is what we're all doing for you right now. You are much loved sweet Rheba!!

j. musselman said...

Good Evening Miss Rheba! I hope that you're feeling at ease and that God washes His Perfect Peace over you tonight. I'm getting ready to head out to a good friend's house in Bel Air. In the morning, we're driving down to Lynchburg, VA to attend her grandnephew's 1st birthday party, so I'll be M.I.A. this weekend. You can be sure that my prayers will never ever cease. Get plenty of rest and be sure to keep that cell phone plugged up sister! I love you!!!

Jacob said...

Hey Aunt Rheba, the Livingstons in South Carolina are praying for you daily. We love you and can't wait to see you again soon. Love Jacob, Jamie, Nathan, and Ella.