Monday, August 4, 2008

Mom's Doing Well

It has been almost a week since mom came home and she is doing well. When she first got home, she was sleeping a lot. Too much in fact. After talking with her doctor at Hopkins, they determined that her blood pressure medicine was causing the fatigue. So, they reduced her medicine and she improved almost immediately.

On Saturday, the Livingston cousins wanted to see her, and before we knew it, we had a crowd coming to the house. We were worried that Mom would not be able to rest, but it worked out great. She rested until they all arrived while Laura and I cleaned the house and set the party up outside. Aunt Trudi and her family brought most of the food, including steamed crabs and Shrimp!! What a feast. I will have pictues soon of the party. Mom came outside for a little while and then rested inside in the recliner. She said she felt fine and got up just fine on Sunday. We praise the Lord for this because in the past, it would have taken her a few days to recover.

This week she has an appointment with the kidney doctor at Hopkins to determine if she will be approved for the kidney transplant at Hopkins. Please be in prayer that everything goes well.

She has appreciated all your prayers and well wishes on here. Keep them coming!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was fun! Love you, Trudi
some of these pics are too too good lol lol ...

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Miss Rheba!! I am SO glad you're feeling better! And HI THERE Trudi!! How are you doing honey? It's been a moon since I've seen you. I know you're reading this. :) Michael, this blog is a wonderful thing! We all appreciate you and your family being willing to share your mom's progress and allowing us to offer our support and to let her know how very much she's loved. Rheba, I pray that you feel strong in your spirit today and that God touches your body in a way He's never touched you before and that He intervenes in this process of finding an organ donor. Thank the Good Lord for good doctors, but we know the Ultimate Physician!! Stay tough sweetie!! We're right here with ya'!! Love you lots!!! Jackie (I'm "anonymous" this time because something is wrong with my google password. It acts up from time to time.....hmm)

Anonymous said...

Rheba: So glad to hear you have been feeling so well. As always you are in our prayers. I passed along this blog to my mom and dad so they can stay up to date also. They have just recently gotten internet & email. Love, Wendy & Jeff

j. musselman said...

Good Afternoon Rheba Ann!! I really hope you're feeling well today and your spirits are up!! If you're not at the doctor's today, I'm assuming you will be tomorrow or Friday gaining some insight into the next step of your full recovery. I wanted to share a sweet little story with you today. Mom and I met a couple friends for dinner the other night. As we were leaving, we had just come out of a revolving door and there was an Indian family waiting to go inside. It was tight quarters out on the sidewalk as, one by one, these family members were waiting to go through. I accidentally bumped arms with a man who may have been about 55 years old or so. Both of us, at the same time, turned toward each other with a quick glance, never locked eyes, and apologized with our hands extended. For some reason, we grabbed each other's hand, still not meeting eyes, each squeezed the other's hand at the exact same time for just a second, and both held on for another couple seconds as we were walking away. It was the warmest feeling I've ever gotten from a perfect stranger in all my life and those few seconds could never be repeated. If we had actually looked at each other, it couldn't have been the same. I do believe that angels walk among us, and you Miss Rheba are the sweetest of them all!!! Still praying............Love you, Jackie (and I hope my password works this time) :)

j. musselman said...

Good Afternoon Miss Rheba!!! I just wanted to check in with you and I hope you're feeling good today! It's such a gorgeous day out there....not too humid, not too chilly.....just a warm sun and a lucky little breeze every once in awhile. Apparently, our feathered friends are enjoying it too because they're making all kinds of racket around here! :) I hope you're able to sit outside in your carport for a little while today with a big 'ol glass of raspberry iced tea!! :) And I've now gotten my google password to work!! I've discovered that nine chances out of ten, it's not the computer that's the problem, but the person pushing the button. :) Oh help me!! I think I need a good prayin' for too sister!! I love you!! Jackie

Anonymous said...

Hey, darling! Mom is beside me and we are wanting to let you know that we are still standing and believing for a miracle..in whatever way God chooses to do so....We love you so much and are anxious to see you soon! His mercies truly are new every morning :)
Ronnie and Robbie send their love, too!
Love,dawn