Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Surgery will be in the morning

We have not seen the doctor yet, but they did bring mom a clear liquid dinner and told her that the surgery would be in the morning. So tonight we will pray and try to get some rest.

The doctor came in while I was writing this and told us that the person is a normal size young person that is a perfect match. Their concern is the size again. It looks like things will be ok though. She will begin at 6am and the surgery will start about 8am and last about 12 hours. They have shared with us that with this being her 3rd transplant that this is the surgery equivalent of high stakes poker. The liver is going to be good, but the complications of surgery can be difficult. Please pray.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Greetings. We are praying in New Jersey!

Brian, Donna, and the 4 little Bitlers

Anonymous said...

We are praying in Hampstead!

Anonymous said...

Happy tears flow for you Rheba. I am thrilled that you will be feeling better soon, very soon. Our prayers are with you. You have followed God's desire this far and He will carry you through this. We love you all! Our prayers are for you! --Missy

j. musselman said...

Happy tears indeed! My heart is pounding right now. This is such wonderful news! I will be in constant prayer for you sweetie. May God touch your spirit, your mind, and your body and may He guide the hands of all your doctors. We're "tearing off the roof" for you sister, and you'll better understand that when I send you your next cd. :) Dave, stay strong for your bride. I love you all!!!

j. musselman said...

Good Morning my sweet friend! I hope you were able to get some good rest last night. Rheba, you are the strongest woman I know. There are so many people praying for you today who will continue to do so. Between those prayers, your strong will, and the top-notch care there at Hopkins, you will make it through! Michael and Lisa, thank you so much for keeping us updated here. Give your mom a kiss on her sweet cheek for me! Dave, I'm asking God to touch you in a special way. I know you've faced the roller coaster of emotions right along with Rheba. I pray that the Lord comforts you, relieves you of all anxiety, and provides to you the strength you'll need for the coming weeks. Lots of love to all of you!! Praying hard..........